Transcriptions of documents done by me or people or people I know. There is a separate page for Images I have collected.
- Apprenticeship Indentures, 1638 & 1642 - for a musician/barber. Apparently being a musician alone was not enough to pay the bills.
- A certificate of homage and fealty on Billinge Hill, 1429 - another early document but familiar language.
- Chapman (peddlar of small items) - illustration from the 16thC.
- Charter of Cambridge University Press - from Henry VIII.
- Charter of the Drapers of London, 1438.
- Household Staff of the Duke of Northumberland in the 16th C.
- How to choose a midwife, 1612.
- How to choose a wet-nurse , 1612.
- Licence to teach - issued in 1599.
- Stationers Company Charter - granted by Philip and Mary and confirmed by Elizabeth I.
- Licence to crenelate issued in 1281.
- Typical Household Possessions in 1622 from a list provided to potential settlers for Virginia.
- Will of Thomas Herries of Norwich, 1599 - quite a contrast to the possessions of the settlers for Virginia above.